Is Developing a Winning Pokies Strategy Possible?
Even though pokies are essentially a game of chance and nothing can be done to alter the way the reels will land, there are ways to increase your chances of success. It is in fact possible to develop a winning pokies strategy, but it probably isn’t what you think it is! If you’re just getting started with online pokies it’s a good idea to make the most of the experience and to hit the ground running by implementing good playing practises right from the get go.
Pokies Strategy to Increase the Chances of Success
Now, onto pokies strategies that really do work!
- Money management: This may in fact be the most important tip we can offer as your pokies strategy is definitely going to fall flat if your online casino bankroll is standing on a zero balance. At the beginning of each month, work out a budget and set aside only what you can afford for pokies. Do not deviate from this amount and play with money you can’t afford to lose, otherwise you will end up relying on wins to get through the money, which will be a very bad situation.
- Join the online casino loyalty programme: Most online casinos will automatically sign up all new players to their loyalty programme and most of them are set up in a tiered fashion. Every time you play your favourite games you will earn points and these points could be converted to bonuses depending on the online casino.
- Play for fun and don’t chase losses: Online casino games can bring out the competitive streak of even the most level-headed Kiwi, but it’s important to only play for fun and to never chase losses. If you are feeling upset and frustrated by a real money pokies loss, don’t keep playing but rather take a break and return to the reels when you’re calm.
- Slow down: Did you know that it’s possible to spin the reels of your favourite pokies up to 600 times per hour? Think about how much it would cost to do that! Play slowly and thoughtfully otherwise you could use your entire bankroll in a single session.
- Try out video poker: While most players in New Zealand are simply besotted with pokies, it would be a good idea to play video poker as well every now and then. We have included this as part of our pokies strategy as video poker offers some of the best odds available and is similar to pokies in many ways.
Pokies Strategies That Do Not Work
Below you will find two popular nonsense strategies that are well-publicised but will not increase your chances of success.
- Zig-zag system: this nonsense strategy says that if the symbols make the shape of a ‘V’ or ‘X’ on the reels that the pokie is about to pay out.
- Betting strategies: while betting strategies may work on certain casino table games, they will not increase your chances of success in pokies.
- Gambler’s Fallacy: as the events in pokies are determined by Random Number Generator software, there is no way that previous spins can have any bearing on the next spins.
Finding Excellent Pokies for New Zealand
As you can see, it is possible to develop a winning pokies strategy, as long as you implement the right advice! If you haven’t as yet decided on an online casino, be sure to make sure of the many review and recommendation sites which cater specifically to players in New Zealand.